Wednesday 21 November 2001

Twenty Eight

Ramadhan is here again. And this is my second year fasting for 12 hours daily after came home from Manchester, where I used to break my fast at 4pm.

Even though I broke fast early during my stay in Manchester, I found that fasting over there was more menggoda iman compared to in Malaysia. With a cold environment and daring people and plus 1001 kind of temptations and attractions, I was lucky to have survived! When I think of those days, I feel so thankful to Allah for such wonderful experience.

Last Friday, I sent my dad to Kuala Lumpur Hospital to be warded for his kidney operation. Unfortunately (I'm still not sure whether to call it fortunate or unfortunate), his blood pressure increased and the doctor has postponed the operation to after Hari Raya. On January 25th, 2002. But he needs to be warded by 22nd.

Nek Mok, Ayah Mahmud & Mak Besau, Uncle Neno & Angah Ata and their families came last Saturday. So, we were very busy entertained orang Melaka. At the same time, Ojot brought home plenty of Mc Donald's coupons.

With that coupons, Mus and I broke our fast on last Monday. We ate 3 cups of Iced Milo, 3 cups of Coca Cola, 41 pieces of chicken nugget and mineral water and plus one Big Mac.

Just now, Din shouted at me that Agong has passed away. Quickly, I rang Malaysiakini to find out from where they got the news. One of their staff told me that the news appeared first on News Straits Times online and 2 hours after that, Dr. Mahathir announced on TV that it's official that Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Dipertuan Agong died at 11.57 at the private medical center.

Al-fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment